Saturday, September 03, 2005

Just came back from dim sum at Chinatown. Cost about $10 (including tips) so it was pretty decent price for a full brunch. Had the usual har-kao, siu-mai, custard bun, carrot cake (yum). The highlight for me was the beancurd. The server had this huge porcelain barrel with beancurd in it and they served a really really big portion of beancurd that was silky smooth and the syrup was just about right.

The company was really great too. We were trying to coerce Peter (this Korean MD-PhD student) into eating chicken feet cos his mantra is "If the food looks like what it came from, I'm not having it." It was hilarious cos we had to describe every dish to him and assure him that it was "safe". Dim sum comes in little wrapped up portions so it was all kind of concealed and we had to show him that the food was safe and good. Haha.

And of course there was little Christopher -- a 2 year old Little Emperor (Eddie and Lillian's child -- I thought this was quite funny because my Mum is Lilian and her sister's husband is Eddie... ) and our friend Amy was called "Auntie Amy" so I realised then that I would have had to be called "Uncle Kenneth". Hmm... I still remember how at the puny age of 13 I was "Uncle Kenneth" rather than "Kenneth kor-kor" at a Children's Camp I was helping out with in Church. But he was really cute and when Eddie came round from work (he's a paediatrician in Chinatown) to say Hi, he started wailing when Eddie had to leave 2 mins later. Haha -- seems like Eddie really has a way with kids.

I wonder if I have the patience or stamina to deal with kids. Especially if the kid is as horrible as I was. Slapping my mum's colleague on a trip to Thailand or somewhere like that remains a faint speck in my memory.

Have to get back to putting laundry in the dryer.

Here's "Uncle Kenneth" signing off... :p

1 comment:

jem wee said...

hello. you are very cool. bye bye.