
At Rockerfeller Centre
Looking at the photos now, it seems as if we've grown older. Comparing these photos with some of those we took 3 to 4 years ago does give one the impression that we've matured. Seriously, we're not kids anymore!
At Bible Study last Friday Pastor Daniel was teaching us about the enduring love of God. And he likened it to 3 human relationships which could be symbols of God's relationship with us. (1) Parent-child relationship, (2) Husband-wife relationship, and (3) Lifelong friendship. Thinking back on the people whom I met up with over Christmas... some of them I've known since I was 6--Ben, John-- some I've known since I was 13--Lish, Tim-- some I got to know when I was 16-- Zhihui, Joanna -- some I got to know at 19 -- Leah, Velma, Diana, Peishan etc. John and I were in the same class from Primary 1 to Sec 4 (excluding Primary 6). Links can be drawn from all over the place -- encounters in Secondary School, classmates, fellow 20th councillors, Cambridge days, RJ days etc. We really should cherish each friend God has put in our path. Because friends are friends for ever, if the Lord's the Lord of them.
And of course, God's relationship with us cannot be completely understood without remembering our parents' and spouses' love for us. (And our love for our own children!)
Here's to growing older. To our families, to our friends, to Jesus Christ our Lord. Cheers.
At Bible Study last Friday Pastor Daniel was teaching us about the enduring love of God. And he likened it to 3 human relationships which could be symbols of God's relationship with us. (1) Parent-child relationship, (2) Husband-wife relationship, and (3) Lifelong friendship. Thinking back on the people whom I met up with over Christmas... some of them I've known since I was 6--Ben, John-- some I've known since I was 13--Lish, Tim-- some I got to know when I was 16-- Zhihui, Joanna -- some I got to know at 19 -- Leah, Velma, Diana, Peishan etc. John and I were in the same class from Primary 1 to Sec 4 (excluding Primary 6). Links can be drawn from all over the place -- encounters in Secondary School, classmates, fellow 20th councillors, Cambridge days, RJ days etc. We really should cherish each friend God has put in our path. Because friends are friends for ever, if the Lord's the Lord of them.
And of course, God's relationship with us cannot be completely understood without remembering our parents' and spouses' love for us. (And our love for our own children!)
Here's to growing older. To our families, to our friends, to Jesus Christ our Lord. Cheers.





No comments:
Post a Comment